“BIRDHAND is a rock n’ roll band from Santa Cruz, CA that formed in late 2010. Within a year, the group caught the attention of Bad Brains’ bassist, Darryl Jenifer. BIRDHAND went on to record a debut EP, which was produced by Jenifer and since, has shared stages with bands such as Bad Brains, Baths, Memoryhouse, Soft Pack, Judgment Day, and Bear Hands.”
They are playing The Smiling Moose in Pittsburgh this Monday, March 19. You can snag tickets here. Bassist Mason ‘Spaceman’ Rothschild was cool enough to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Nirvana ‘Unplugged’.
- Your last album bought?
- Patsy Cline ‘Greatest Hits’.
- Favorite album of all time?
- ‘Blondes Have More Fun’ by Rod Stewart.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Blondes Have More Fun’ by Rod Stewart.
- First concert attended?
- The Tubes.
- Last concert?
- Old Wives and Mainland NYC.
- Favorite concert ever?
- PJ Harvey and John Parish.
- Least favorite concert?
- Blue Oyster Cult cuz everyone brought a cowbell.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Ya. Where’s the chillest hookah bar?
Thanks Space. The Moose is actually becoming a cool-ass place to play. And coincidentally, it’s on the same street as Hookah Bookah! You score!