“Pittsburgh’s Premier Grunge-Core Trio. Menstrual fueled mayhem that will rip your pubes out!”
Check out the band on Facebook, BandCamp and ReverbNation. The trio plays a ‘punk-alternative’ hybrid of rock and have a few singles out. They play locally and you can catch them next this Friday at Howler’s as part of the ‘Don’t Give Up The Ship! Fest‘. I want to thank Athena Kazuhiro (Bass/Vocals) and Jennifer Sabol (Guitar/Vocals) for takling the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Athena Kazuhiro: Minor Threat, Minor Threat, I believe.
- Jen Sabol: Dr. Dre, “The Chronic”.
- Your last album bought?
- Athena: It was recent actually, and I haven’t bought records regularly in a while. Hmmm…I wanted to buy Sleepy Kitty’s new one “Projection Room”, but I’ve been too poor. I bought Zegota’s “Reclaim”.
- Jen: The Wipes, “Is this Real?”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Athena: Hole’s “Live Through This”.
- Jen: G.B.H, “City Baby Attacked by Rats”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Athena: Anything by AC/DC. I hate them!
- Jen: I hate NOFX.
- First concert attended?
- Athena: Bad Brains, I think.
- Jen: STP.
- Last concert?
- Athena: Local show, The Fuckies with The Mad Doctors, it was great. I’m not fond of big shows and rarely attend them. I believe the last big concert I attended was “Black Flag” at AE and it was awesome.
- Jen: Adam Ant at Stage AE. Last local show was MÖWER.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Athena: AFI in their hardcore heyday (1990’s), in Louisville, KY.
- Jen: Motorhead, Iron Madien, Judas Priest, and Heaven and Hell (I doubt anything will ever top that lineup!)
- Least favorite concert?
- Athena: NoFX in Louisville, KY cause Fat Mike said something rude to me and embarrassed me in front of everyone in a large crowd.
- Jen: I don’t have one.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Athena: The Pittsburgh scene is expanding a bit lately. I would like to see more support of women in music around here. MÖWER is awesome, go and see this duo.
- Jen: I love the Pittsburgh music scene; there are so many talented musicians.
Thanks, ladies. Gonna have to check out MÖWER! Love discovering new local bands on recs from these Q&A’s.