As they ready their new EP, Chet and the Big Bend have a show tonight (7/16) in Squirrel Hill at PD’s Pub. They also have been added to tomorrow’s (7/17) bill at The Brillobox with my man Justin Andrew and Paul Luc. Chet was cool enough to participate in this week’s edition of First/Last Fridays.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Oasis, “What’s the Story Morning Glory?”.
- Your last album bought?
- Bonnie “Prince” Billy, “Lie Down in the Light”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Bob Dylan, “Blonde on Blonde”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- No least favorite album.
- First concert attended?
- Lord only knows…
- Last concert ?
- Round Black Ghosts CD Release.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Tie between Bob Dylan w/ Merle Haggard at the Beacon Theatre in NYC, and The Unicorns w/ The Arcade Fire at The Rex.
- Least favorite concert?
- The Darkness at Station Square.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I can’t say enough about Pittsburgh. It’s this secret place — surrounded by rivers and hills — with no threat of hurricanes, volcanoes, water shortages or earthquakes (or oil spills… ). We don’t even have any dangerous wild animals! Yet, somehow it’s really cheap to live here. I don’t know exactly why or how we’re so often over-looked, but I hope it stays that way.
Thanks Chet. The Arcade Fire at The Rex? That’s definitely one of those, “I was there when” shows.