Image courtesy of the band
- The Buffalo
- Monday October 18, 2010
I know this is a photo blog and all but there are several local gigs this week that I wanted to highlight and give a little exposure to. With that said, I am once again celebrating with a First/Last Week! First up is relatively new band (new to me that is) on the Pittsburgh scene called The Buffalo. They have a show tomorrow and if you like down and dirty garage rock, you will love these guys. They have some raw rehearsal audio up on the Myspace to get a feel of what they are bringing to the table. There is a free EP available from the band here. They also have a blog with lots of stuff going on there. Guitarist & vocalist Darin Pallila was cool enough to participate in this Sunday edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Two at the same time: Primus – Pork Soda and Crash Test Dummies – God Shuffled His Feet. Yeah I know.
- Your last album bought?
- Just picked up Neil Young – Le Noise on 180 gram vinyl. Sounds Amazing.
- Favorite album of all time?
- I can’t answer that, but I can answer: What 5 albums I would take to a desert island?The Beatles – The Beatles (The White Album) The Band – The Band Derek & The Dominos – Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs Bob Dylan – New Morning George Harrison – All Things Must Pass
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I was really disappointed by The Dead Weather in general. They don’t have the listening power of Jack Whites other projects. As far as albums, maybe Bob Dylan’s Christmas Album.
- First concert attended?
- Crosby Stills & Nash
- Last concert?
- Alice Cooper. I finally got to see that man’s head get cut off. Great stuff.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Ryan Adams & the Cardinals is up there. Tom Waits is a real close second, but the #1 is when my wife and I working are wayvup to the front row at Bonnaroo ’06 to see our heroes Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Mike Campbell is my guitar god.
- Least favorite concert?
- Eric Burdon and The Animals were dreadful.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I love this town. It is constantly changing. Every week I find something more to love about it. As far as music goes we, as in The Buffalo, are so new on the scene that it is hard to say. I guess were just looking to make are mark.
Thanks Darin. I like your classic rock influences going on there. ‘New Morning’ as a desert island disc? Awesome.