“The Eastern Sea is an Indie rock band from Austin, Texas, which originally started as a bedroom project by singer Matthew Hines and eventually morphed into a band. They have released two original full length albums and a full length Christmas album.”
The band hits Pittsburgh Saturday night at The Smiling Moose for the all-ages early show touring behind their latest album, “Plague“. I want to thank vocalist Matt Hines for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- The soundtrack to ‘Good Burger’.
- Your last album bought?
- Metronomy “Love Letters”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Three way tie: Neil Young “Harvest”, White Denim “Last Day of Summer”, Scott Walker “Scott 4”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Limp Bizkit “Chocolate Starfish and Hot Dog Flavored Water”.
- First concert attended?
- Diamond Rio at the Austin Rodeo.
- Last concert?
- The Men and Cloud Nothings at The Mohawk in Austin.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Phoenix at Madison Square Garden in 2010. (Daft Punk played their encore).
- Least favorite concert?
- Weezer at Free Press Summerfest in Houston.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- First time we ever played in Pittsburgh we drank a bottle of gin and cut our own hair with safety scissors. Ever since then, I’ve had an amazing soft spot in my heart for your city.
Thanks, Matt. Pittsburgh = drunken haircuts. I can live with that, I suppose.
The Eastern Sea Website
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The links helps to support this site and will allow me to keep writing about local music.