“FUBAR has been developing new original music as a full band since September 2011. They have released a DEMO (3 songs), THE FREE EP (7 songs), and a LIVE album from their winning performance at the Battle of the Bands entitled, “Fuck It… We’re Doin’ It Live” (8 tracks). All of these early recordings are self-produced with the help of drummer Dave Cochran, and friend Ben Geiger. They also released the full-length ALL DAY!! album in April of 2014. This album and all singles since were all entirely produced by Dave Cochran. In 5 years as a band FUBAR has never been late, cancelled or called off from a single show. Looking forward to 5 more years!”
FUBAR is a punk rock band from Pittsburgh who have incorporated tinges of reggae into their sound since forming in 2011. Check out the band latest single “Everybody” and keep an eye out for them as they play around town often. I want to thank Jake Hursh (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Embarrassingly, Blink 182 Enema of the State.
- Your last album bought?
- NOFX Six Years on Dope.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Tough question but I’d have to say Sublime 40 Oz. to Freedom.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I was slightly disappointed with Days Go By by the Offspring.
- First concert attended?
- AFI, Strike Anywhere and the Explosion at the Metropol.
- Last concert?
- NOFX at the House of Blues and Atmosphere in Pittsburgh.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Toss-up between the Summer Nations Tour of Offspring, Pennywise, Bad Religion and the Vandals or the 2004 Warped Tour.
- Least favorite concert?
- I’ve been to so many and love them all but I was a bit disappointed in Pepper’s live performance at the Altar Bar.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- We have played all over greater Pittsburgh in the last 5 years and met some great musicians and some very cool people. Playing music in Pittsburgh has allowed us to open for some of our favorite bands and artists and led to so many nights of endless fun. We would like to encourage people to go to some of the smaller bars and venues in and around Pittsburgh and check out some of the local original talent in the area. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you might find!
Thanks, Jake. A big YES on going out to the smaller bars and clubs to discover great local music. Believe it or not, I have been known to do that over the years.