The band is playing a gig this week with Noah’s Ark Was A Spaceship from Nebraska and locals Thee Shopkeepers. Liam was cool enough to participate in this, the first day of a week long edition of the ever popular First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins or was it If I Should Fall From Grace With God by The Pogues?
- Your last album bought?
- Superwolf by Matt Sweeny and Bonnie Prince Billy.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Nighthawks at the Diner by Tom Waits, or Truth by Jeff Beck. Two of the only things I ever want to listen to after they have finished.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Anything that was played in the dorm rooms of Hobart College circa 2000-2004.
- First concert attended?
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones/Pietasters.
- Last concert?
- Last real concert, as in paid more then 10 buck to get in? Hmm… to be honest I cant remember. In my defense I have a 2 year old.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Tom Petty when I was maybe 15 or 16. My dad took the whole family, and during the outro of “Dont Come ‘Round Here No More” with the strobes and the Mad Hatter antics I looked over at my sister who was maybe 7 and standing on her chair screaming at me “THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!”
- Least favorite concert?
- Yo La Tengo at Town Hall in NYC. They played for 35 min and then had to catch a flight. I puked on the Metro North ride home. Not a successful evening.
Thanks, Liam. That’s a drag about the YLT show. They were great at Hartwood. I have to say though, any show that involves vomit qualifies to be on the bottom of the list.