“Shawn Harris and Jake Griggs are best friends, and both singers. It’s just heaps easier. They make records, print art, and do parties at their house; first in Sydney, and currently in Los Angeles. Recently, they hitch-hiked to NYC from Barstow, with only a ukulele, and guitar, and a camera.”
They bring their party to Smalls this Saturday on a bill with Foxy Shazam, Cadaver Dogs and Dazzletine. Score tickets here. Shawn and Jake were nice enough to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Jake Grigg: Milli Vanilli, “Blame It On The Rain”.
- Shawn Harris: Smashing Pumpkins, “Gish”.
- Your last album bought?
- Jake: It was like 10 years ago, I don’t remember.
- Shawn: Tame Impala, “Inner Speaker” (on vinyl).
- Favorite album of all time?
- Jake: Cyprus Hill, “Black Sunday”.
- Shawn: The Beatles, “Meet The Beatles”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Jake: Anything by The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Shawn: Green Day, “American Idiot”.
- First concert attended?
- Jake: John Farnham.
- Shawn: Dick Dale.
- Last concert?
- Jake: Cut Copy/Washed Out.
- Shawn: Grouplove/Family of the Year.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Jake: Polyphonic Spree.
- Shawn: Brian Wilson.
- Least favorite concert?
- Jake: Florence and the Machine.
- Shawn: Warped Tour.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Jake: I have never been and I know nothing about the place.
- Shawn: I love Mr. Small’s.
Thanks guys. Saturday should be rocking in Millvale for sure!