“Emotion is what drives the psychedelic catchy pop rock tunes crafted by the oft-effervescent Brad Oberhofer.
Drawing on influences ranging from Brian Wilson to Descartes, the 21 year old is fixated on the idea of making philosophically minded, energetic melodies that just make people smile.”
Touring behind the band’s acclaimed debut “Time Capsules II”, they wrap up this leg of it tomorrow at the Warhol with guests Young Man. Brad was nice enough to take a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- “The Marshall Mathers LP”, by Eminem.
- Your last album bought?
- “Replicas” by Tubeway Army.
- Favorite album of all time?
- No favorite.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I don’t think about art that way!
- First concert attended?
- Macy Gray at Bumbershoot Music Festival in Seattle.
- Last concert?
- Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre at Coachella.
- Favorite concert ever?
- I’m not completely sure what my favorite concert of all time is, but one of the most fun concerts i’ve been to in the last year was definitely Thee Oh Sees at a place called 285 Kent in Brooklyn.
- Least favorite concert?
- I can’t think of any concerts that I’ve been to that I’ve really disliked.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Jerry’s Records is my favorite record store in America.
Thanks Brad. Really looking forward to your set, especially after watching you light up Coachella!