Photo courtesy Big Hassle/Roman Cho Van Dyke Parks w/Clare & The Reasons The Andy Warhol Museum
Tuesday September 28, 2010 Northshore
Van Dyke Parks is playing a show tonight at the Warhol Museum and he was so cool to participate in this installment of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- An EP- Mozart’s Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and Divertimento in D.
- Your last album bought?
- Paolo Conte “Reveries” on Nonesuch.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Yo Yo Ma—Bach Cello Suites.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- My lips are sealed.
- First concert attended?
- Last concert?
- Rufus Wainwright at Hollywood Bowl.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Toscanini Mephistophele Prologue, Carnegie Hall ’54.
- Least favorite concert?
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Parks Township, inc. 1742, a 10 Sq. mile tract, was granted to my direct ancestor Robert Parks, by Wm Pitt the Elder, by George II. It sits on Delaware land. On the banks if the mighty Kiskiminetas River, whose waters spill into the scenic Youghiogheny–from thence to the Monongahela, the Allegheny, and Ohio. Parks waters quench the historic thirst of this metropolis. If anyone asks you the secret of Pittsburgh’s enlightenment, just say “…it’s the water.”! I went to Carnegie Tech. Although I never graduated, I adopted Carnegie’s motto early on, to wit: “My heart is in the work”.
Thank you so much Mr. Parks. So that is what’s up with the water here!