“Cartman fan fiction, Maniwest Westiny, cute lil otters/puppies, physics, dragon ball Z, also baby goku, veganism, pinegrove.”
Yes Yes A Thousand Times Yes is an indie math rock pop punk band from Pittsburgh who just released their debut album Not Once, Not Never via Broken World Media. I want to thank Dan Hagendorf (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- AC/DC – Back In Black. My dad/’Santa’ forgot for Christmas so I bought it with my xmas money.
- Last album you bought?
- The Killers – Hot Fuss. We were just on a weekender with Roof Doctor, promoting our split with them coming out this summer, and bought a bunch of throwback CDs from Philly’s AIDS thrift store (Third Eye Blind and the like).
- Favorite album of all time?
- Pile – Magic Isn’t Real.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Probably the most recent Arcade Fire record. I love James Murphy so that was a bummer.
- First concert attended?
- Puddle of Mudd, with Saliva opening, at the TLA in Philly. Not proud.
- Last concert?
- Broken World Fest.
- Favorite Concert ever?
- Dr. Dog at the TLA.
- Least favorite concert?
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at the Wachovia Spectrum in Philly. I kept yelling from the nosebleeds asking him to shut up.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I’ve lived here almost my entire life. Every single neighborhood is beautiful for completely different reasons. I live in a neighborhood called Friendship, there are trees and dogs everywhere. Lucy’s Bahn Mi in the Strip, PNC Park, Gooski’s and the Rock Room in Polish Hill, wiffleball games in Troy Hill, First Fridays in Garfield, the list could go on forever…
Thanks, Dan. Was looking to see if you were playing any shows soon? Would love to check you out.