“The story of two old friends fighting in a strip-mall parking lot.”
Ancient History is an indie fuzz rock band from Pittsburgh who are dropping their sophomore release entitled Good Friend Electrical on Saturday night with a banging lineup featuring fellow Wild Kindness labelmates at The Funhouse at Mr. Smalls. with the first 150 through the door getting a complimentary copy. Much thanks to Donald Ducote (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Aerosmith Get a Grip.
- Your last album bought?
- Pulp Different Class (found it on vinyl).
- Favorite album of all time?
- Neutral Milk Hotel In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I ditched my high school graduation rehearsal to buy the Green Album by Weezer as soon as the record store doors opened. I waited a long time for that record and it was 25 minutes long and totally lackluster.
- First concert attended?
- Cheap Trick/Meatloaf (Bat Out of Hell II tour).
- Last concert? (that wasn’t a local show?)
- Death Grips in Chicago.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Beta Band/Radiohead (2 weeks after they released Amnesiac) but I’ve never danced as hard as did during Daft Punk’s 2005 Coachella performance.
- Least favorite concert?
- I saw Live open for Counting Crows and they covered “Imagine”… that was rough. Also, Kanye sucked live.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- The many nights spent drinking in the Allegheny cemetery at 4am with Angry Dan.
Thanks, Donald. Being the GM of Wild Kindness Records, I am betting your last local show was probably yesterday.