Ladyfest Day One with Trash Bag, Action Camp, Dumplings, Murder for Girls, Brazilian Wax and Roulette Waves at The Shop on Friday, July 17, 2015 in Pittsburgh, PATrash Bag
Murder For Girls
“Pittsburgh’s Premier Grunge-Core Trio. Menstrual fueled mayhem that will rip your pubes out!”
Check out the band on Facebook, BandCamp and ReverbNation. The trio plays a ‘punk-alternative’ hybrid of rock and have a few singles out. They play locally and you can catch them next this Friday at Howler’s as part of the ‘Don’t Give Up The Ship! Fest‘. I want to thank Athena Kazuhiro (Bass/Vocals) and Jennifer Sabol (Guitar/Vocals) for takling the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Athena Kazuhiro: Minor Threat, Minor Threat, I believe.
- Jen Sabol: Dr. Dre, “The Chronic”.
- Your last album bought?
- Athena: It was recent actually, and I haven’t bought records regularly in a while. Hmmm…I wanted to buy Sleepy Kitty’s new one “Projection Room”, but I’ve been too poor. I bought Zegota’s “Reclaim”.
- Jen: The Wipes, “Is this Real?”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Athena: Hole’s “Live Through This”.
- Jen: G.B.H, “City Baby Attacked by Rats”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Athena: Anything by AC/DC. I hate them!
- Jen: I hate NOFX.
- First concert attended?
- Athena: Bad Brains, I think.
- Jen: STP.
- Last concert?
- Athena: Local show, The Fuckies with The Mad Doctors, it was great. I’m not fond of big shows and rarely attend them. I believe the last big concert I attended was “Black Flag” at AE and it was awesome.
- Jen: Adam Ant at Stage AE. Last local show was MÖWER.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Athena: AFI in their hardcore heyday (1990’s), in Louisville, KY.
- Jen: Motorhead, Iron Madien, Judas Priest, and Heaven and Hell (I doubt anything will ever top that lineup!)
- Least favorite concert?
- Athena: NoFX in Louisville, KY cause Fat Mike said something rude to me and embarrassed me in front of everyone in a large crowd.
- Jen: I don’t have one.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Athena: The Pittsburgh scene is expanding a bit lately. I would like to see more support of women in music around here. MÖWER is awesome, go and see this duo.
- Jen: I love the Pittsburgh music scene; there are so many talented musicians.
Thanks, ladies. Gonna have to check out MÖWER! Love discovering new local bands on recs from these Q&A’s.