Common Folk is a Christian folk punk duo from Orange County, NY. Currently on tour supporting their latest self-titled sophomore release, they hit Pittsburgh on Wednesday at Mr. Roboto Project. I want to thank Andrew Michael Hurey (Banjo/Vocals) and Jason Dean Uhler (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Andrew Michael Hurey: “The End is Here” by Five Iron Frenzy.
- Jason Dean Uhler: The first one I can remember buying was “Is This It” by The Strokes.
- Your last album bought?
- Andrew: “Dark Hearts” by Slingshot Dakota.
- Jay: “2014 Tour Demos” by All People.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Andrew: “I Love You This is a Robbery” by Spoonboy.
- Jay: “I Mississippi You” by Rosa.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Andrew: “First Impressions of Earth” by The Strokes.
- Jay: Most disappointing would probably be “Mosquito” by YYYs. I love all of their other music.
- First concert attended?
- Andrew: Jars of Clay in NJ.
- Jay: I really don’t remember. It was a long time ago and maybe it wasn’t good
enough to remember.
- Last concert?
- Andrew: Manchester Orchestra in Brooklyn.
- Jay: Westbound Train, The Slackers, The Pietasters, and Mephiskapheles at the Starland Ballroom.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Andrew: Defiance Ohio in Purchase, NY.
- Jay: Two Gallants/Papa at the Bowery Ballroom.
- Least favorite concert?
- Andrew: Los Huevos at the Tuscan Cafe in Warwick, NY.
- Jay: Phish. It wasn’t my fault. Really, I was forced to go.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Andrew: I’ve never been there, but I’ve heard from a lot of people that it is a fun, great, city.
- Jay: My friend Jeremy lives there and he swears it is not a s***hole.
Thanks, fellas. I am with Jeremy, Jay. Pittsburgh is DEFINITELY not a shithole… unless you happen to be caught on the Southside at 1am on a Saturday… then it comes close.