“L.A.-based (but GA-raised) artist Cyndi Harvell has released 5 albums and 2 EPs. Her music has been played on Americana radio nationally and has been on Bay Area Triple-A station KFOG’s Local Scene Compilations twice. She’s toured nationally and has had music placed in TV spots, iPhone apps and an HBO feature film. In 2012, she was chosen for the
prestigious ASCAP Lester Sill Songwriting Workshop.”
Check out Cyndi at her official Website, Facebook, Twitter, ReverbNation, BandCamp and YouTube. Her latest album. “Heartache & Revolution” was released today and I want to thank her for taking a few to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- I’m pretty sure I used my allowance to buy the “Wilson Phillips” debut album on cassette.
- Your last album bought?
- Lake Street Dive “Bad Self Portraits”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Most impossible question ever! This morning I just popped on The New Pornographer’s “Electric Version”, an album I fell in love with several years ago, and it was still as solid and sing-along-worthy as ever. Definitely one of my top favs.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I really, really loved (and still love) Bloc Party’s “Silent Alarm” album. I could play it straight through and not skip a single song, and once I wore it out. I bought the subsequent album “Weekend in the City”, sure that it would be killer. It was so not.
- First concert attended?
- Guster at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta, GA, 1999.
- Last concert?
- Finley Knight at Bardot in Los Angeles, last week.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Rufus Wainwright at the 40 Watt in Athens, GA, 2000 (or 2001).
- Least favorite concert?
- I went to the Hollywood Bowl last summer (which I was so excited about). Went to see DeVotchKa and Lord Huron, both openers for Rodrigo y Gabriela, but we were in the way, way back seats and I could barely hear the music and people were talking so loudly over their sets. I was so disappointed.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I think the closest I’ve been to Pittsburgh was Kent, Ohio. I’d love to come through and visit one day though!
Thanks, Cyndi. Really like what I’m hearing from you. Definitely make it out to our fair city one day!
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The links helps to support this site and will allow me to keep writing about local music.