Photo courtesy Angel Ceballos
“Primal hardcore thrash vibes, ya’ll gotta sit with this Natural History! A spasm of styles and directions, showering sparks from a half-melted mad thickness — welcome to the fold, boys!”
The ‘noise-punk’ band comes to Pittsburgh tomorrow sharing a bill with Ex-Kids, Liebestod at GarfArt. My thanks to frontman Andrew Laumann for taking a few moments to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Ace of Base, “The Sign”.
- Your last album bought?
- Flying Lizards, “The Fourth Wall” / James Ferarro, “Far Side Virtual”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Too many, but Here are my favorite albums from Bands/Musicians that start with the letter F. Fugazi, “End Hits”, Fennesz, “Endless Summer”, Flying Saucer Attack, “Further”, and Family Fodder, “Monkey Banana Kitchen”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Can’t think like that.
- First concert attended?
- Misfits at Jaxx Night Club in Springfield. VA.
- Last concert?
- Weekends, Lexie Mountains new project, and Ghost Life ( Members of Thank You, Oxes, more..) at Floristree in Baltimore, MD.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Seeing Ponytail at Whartscape, Gas at Columbia U in NY, Silver Jews at the Ottobar.
- Least favorite concert?
- Bonnaroo, 2006. The heat and stupid people sucked all pleasures that could come from the performances, and someone puked on me during Sonic Youth’s set.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I’ve enjoyed my experiences in Pittsburgh. Great parks and people. My buddy Sal, who once attended Carnegie Mellon, took me to this awesome record store that was just above a comic book shop. I can’t remember the name of either of the businesses but I do remember being satisfied with the experience :). I really want to check out this photo book store in Pittsburgh called SPACES CORNERS….unfortunately, my subconscious mind hates Pittsburgh due to the fact that the Ravens and Steelers are arch nemesis.
Thanks, Andrew. Ravens? Nevermind…