Ladyfest Day One with Trash Bag, Action Camp, Dumplings, Murder for Girls, Brazilian Wax and Roulette Waves at The Shop on Friday, July 17, 2015 in Pittsburgh, PATrash Bag
Murder For Girls
Dumplings, Boca Chica, Butterbirds and Guy Russo at The Wilderness Recording Studio presents HughShows Live @ Eide’s on Saturday, December 13th, 2014 in Pittsburgh, PA. Dumplings
“Dumplings are a noisy, fun rock n roll band from Pittsburgh. We write songs about work, food, people, love & anything else we wanna. We love our music & you will too!”
Check out the band on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Soundcloud and Bandcamp. The local trio formed in 2012 and have quickly become a vital part of the incredible Pittsburgh DIY ‘noise rock’ scene we have here. SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC! They have one release limited physically to 100 cassettes. I want to thank Pam Hanlin (Bass/Flute/Vocals), Jon Dowling (Guitar/Vocals) and Jason Dowling (Drums/Sampling/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Pam Hanlin: Barenaked Ladies “Maroon”.
- Jon Dowling: Poison “Open Up and Say…Aaaah”.
- Jason Dowling: California Raisins ‘I Heard It Through The Grapevine’.
- Your last album bought?
- Pam: Rozwell Kid “Unmacho”.
- Jon: Cave Needles “Allegory Of A Cave”.
- Jason: Severed Heads “Since The Accident”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Pam: Weezer “Pinkerton”.
- Jon: Talking Heads “Remain In Light”.
- Jason: Alice Cooper “Special Forces”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Pam: The Simpsons “The Yellow Album”.
- Jon: Metallica “The Black Album”.
- Jason: Motley Crue “Generation Swine”.
- First concert attended?
- Pam: Barenaked Ladies, 2000 Civic Arena.
- Jon & Jason: Poison & Slaughter, 1990 Morgantown, WV.
- Last concert?
- Pam, Jon & Jason: The Lopez, Cave Needles & Flora Fauna on 4-27-14 at Howlers in PGH, PA.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Pam: Atom & His Package at CMU in Pittsburgh, PA in 2002.
- Jon: The Frogs at Euclid Tavern in Cleveland, OH in 2000.
- Jason: eXtreme Elvis at Sunset Ballroom in Seattle, WA in 2003.
- Least favorite concert?
- Pam: Flogging Molly at Club Zoo in Pittsburgh, PA in 2004.
- Jon: X-Fest in 1999, PGH, PA. Jason: Nine Inch Nails ‘Laser Light Show’, Carnegie Science Center, PGH, PA.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?<
- Pam & Jon: Being surrounded by talented & supportive musicians.
- Jason: Superbowl 08 & 09.
Thanks, guys. Really looking forward to catching you live soon. You are Pittsburgh music!