“Brothers Andrew and Dan Callaway have created their own unique ‘grandwave’ sound, combining Andrew’s smooth vocals and Dan’s soaring french horn with thick synths and pounding beats.”
Check out the band at their official Website, Facebook, Twitter,
, SoundCloud and BandCamp. As part of the Paste 50 States Project, today I feature Louisiana and England in 1819. The band’s latest album, “Fireball Electric Tomorrow” is released today and I want to thank Andrew Callaway (Keys/Vocals) for taking the tine to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Our dad took me and Andrew to buy a tape when we were very young. I got Nirvana “Insecticide”, and he got Tom Petty “Full Moon Fever”. Heard a lot of those two for awhile!
- Your last album bought?
- Future Islands “On the Water”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Hard to pick, but The National “Boxer” is in the running.
- First concert attended?
- Not quite sure, but our dad took us to to see brass bands in England a lot! I would guess one of those.
- Last concert?
- Today the Moon, Tomorrow the Sun in Asheville! We were up there finishing our record and the band was on tour from Atlanta. Wonderful people, awesome band.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Sigur Ros in Philadelphia last year.
- Least favorite concert?
- One time we got hired to play an LSU frat party, they thought we were a DJ.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Well, we each went to high school in Baltimore, so we were a little hesitant before we got there. Absolutely beautiful place, super nice people. We also enjoy those Iron City beers! Nice bottle!
Thanks a lot, Andrew. I have to say, I love your band name. Not so easy to Google but still…