“They tour in a van and sleep on couches. They have a strange affinity for cats and Pokemon. They’re called Flashlights and they are a rather spectacular band from the decidedly unspectacular Brevard County, Florida. What began as a solo acoustic project for 24-year-old singer/guitarist Terry Caudill in 2007 has added various members from the local punk scene.”
Hailing from Orlando, melodic indie pop-punkers Flashlights return to Pittsburgh this Saturday at Garfield Artworks in support of their latest effort, the “Bummer Summer“. Opening the show are locals The Spectres and Yrs. Much thanks to the band for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Green Day – Brain Stew – Ian
- Your last album bought?
- Botch – American Nervoso – William
- Favorite album of all time?
- Prince – Purple Rain – Terry
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I think Weezer’s Make Believe was the first album I remember being pretty disappointed by so I guess that one – William
- First concert attended?
- Ian – this big all day concert in Hawaii when I was 10. Bad Religion, AFI, NOFX, Offspring all played.
- Terry – Anti-Flag!
- Mel – Warp Tour 2002
- Last concert?
- Ian – Crying from NYC
- William – Golden Pelicans and False Punk
- Terry – PAWS every night!
- Favorite concert ever?
- Ian – seeing Bomb the Music Industry! in a crazy small bar in Orlando. They set up in the corners and played the the crowd in the middle!
- William – During Fest in Gainesville one year I got to see Des Ark, P.S. Elliott, 1994!, Teenage Cool Kids and a bunch of other rad bands in a little space
- Terry – the Locust and Daughters
- Least favorite concert?
- Ian – STYX
- William – I was super disappointed by an Animal Collective show
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- We came here last year and played Garfield then, too. Met some great people~ Excited to be back! ?
Thanks, Will. Oh shit sorry about that fellas, ….This work?