Image courtesy Illegal Art
Seems everyone is talking about Girl Talk these days. He’s just released his latest album All Day which you can download for free here. He’s also christening the brand spanking new Stage AE facility this weekend with two sold-out shows.
Who knew that a kid from Bridgeville would go from playing in his band The Joysticks at Millvale Industrial Theater to become THE eminent electronic artist in the country and the city’s de facto musical ambassador? Pittsburgh boy done good for sure. Gregg was way cool enough to participate in this, the 50th edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Bel Biv Devoe – Poison.
- Your last album bought?
- Gucci Mane – The Appeal.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Nirvana – In Utero.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Direct Knock – Welcome Sour.
- First concert attended?
- Gloria Estefan & the Miami Sound Machine – After a Pittsburgh Pirates game at Three Rivers Stadium.
- Last concert?
- Planeta Terra Fest in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Lollapalooza 1995 Pittsburgh.
- Least favorite concert?
- Some festival in France where I was booked to play in the camping grounds at like 5 A.M.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I feel fortunate for all of the live music I was able to see and participate in during my high school years.
- Thanks Gregg. Can’t wait to see your show on Friday.