“Lightning Love is an Ann Arbor, Michigan-area outfit with band members Leah Diehl, Aaron Diehl and Ben Collins. Their twee-pop songs in the vein of Glo-Worm or other 7”-friendly groups from the early 1990s. A bit of woe, a bit of sweet, some keys and some drinks.”
Check out the band at their official Website, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and BandCamp. Continuing on the Paste 50 States Project tour, we hit Michigan again and Lightning Love. The band’s last release was called “Blonde Album” from 2012. My thanks to Leah Diehl (Keys/Vocals) for taking a few to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- No Doubt’s “Tragic Kingdom.” I was like 8 and I looooved it.
- Your last album bought?
- Bought? Eeee. I mostly do Spotify now cuz I’m cheap. I guess I bought that weak JT album a few months ago.
- Favorite album of all time?
- “Adore” by the Smashing Pumpkins. I’m goth at heart.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Mmm. I bought some boy band albums in middle school to try to fit in with the other girls and that stuff did nothing for me, but I just listened to it anyway. Middle school’s brutal.
- First concert attended?
- They Might Be Giants (wooo).
- Last concert?
- Either Fiona Apple or Unknown Mortal Orchestra. They’re so neat. I reeeeeeeeeeeeally wanna see Queens of the Stone Age this October if anyone wants to buy me some tix.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Radiohead in Ohio, probably. I was 17 and had a broken ankle and I danced the whole time anyway.
- Least favorite concert?
- Elvis Costello. Every. Time. I’ve never NOT walked out of one of his shows. And I LOVE Elvis. He’s just been fucking terrible at every show I’ve ever been to.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I think we stopped in your whole foods on our last tour. I had like some yogurt or something weeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Thanks a lot, Leah. Just love your music. Here’s hoping for some more real soon.