Lydia The Smiling Moose
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 Southside
“Lydia, when forming in 2003, set their creativity forth to a path of artistic independence away from any comparisons to bands in their genre. By combining traditional rock with dream-like harmonies and reflective choruses, the band gradually adopted a reputation as a group of young musicians destined to break through to the mainstream.”
Check out the band on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and a fan Tumblr. The band is steadily garnering some well deserved buzz and hits Pittsburgh tomorrow night at the Moose touring behind their latest album, “Devil” with Sweet Talker and From Indian Lakes opening. My thanks to Leighton Antelman (Guitar/Lead Vocals) for taking a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Think it was a ‘Weird Al’ record when I was like 6, ha.
- Your last album bought?
- John Mayer, “Born and Raised.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Probably Jimmy Eat World’s “Clarity”. One of those records that represents a period in my life.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Umm…I’m not sure, I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, ha.
- First concert attended?
- Ataris in Phoenix, AZ.
- Last concert?
- Man, I haven’t been to a concert in a while, kind of have my fill on the road.
- Favorite concert ever?
- I saw Counting Crows open up for John Mayer. Was a great show.
- Least favorite concert?
- Warped Tour, just in general.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I like Pittsburgh, nothing crazy has really happened to us there though. Thanks!
Thanks, Leighton. I guess crazy-less is a good thing to remember a town by…I guess.