“The duo of Miss Geo can trace their formation to a chance meeting at a Boston area Apple Store. As it turns out, Paz,
who was born and raised in Paris had just moved to Boston and Abby, who is from Newport, RI was in town to play an acoustic set. The duo quickly bonded over mutually shared interests, including New Order, MGMT, Ladytron, Blondie and others, and began to jam together. Liking the results, both Abby and Paz started self-recording and self-producing their material in their homes.”
Miss Geo is an indie-electronic duo based in Boston who’s latest release is the EP Shapes. As they dream of coming to Pittsburgh to play for you, help me in thanking Paz (Synth/Vocals) and Abby Heredia (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Paz: Levi’s Music (Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, Ben E. King… compilation).
- Abby Heredia: Bjork Homogenic.
- Your last album bought?
- Paz: Beach House Thank Your Lucky Stars.
- Abby: Halsey Badlands.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Paz: Grizzly Bear Veckatimest. This album induces strong emotion; I can’t stop crying when listening to it.
- Abby: Johnny Foreigner Waited Up Till It Was Light.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Paz: Any album from the band Electronic created by Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner. I love New Order and The Smiths so much that I couldn’t expect Electronic to be so cliché.
- Abby: I have a CD stack full of regrets, ha-ha.
- First concert attended?
- Paz: A French rapper in a small city of France.
- Abby: Folk Festival Newport.
- Last concert?
- Paz: DIIV, October 2015 in Boston.
- Abby: Glowpower at O’Briens Pub.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Paz: Arcade Fire, 2008 in Paris.
- Abby: Mono Japan in Providence RI.
- Least favorite concert?
- Paz: The Gossip, 2009 in Paris. The singer lost her voice half of the time.
- Abby: Probably the last festival I went to because there was a storm and my phone got soaked.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Paz: I have never been to Pittsburgh, I actually know very little of the USA. Can’t wait to go!
- Abby: We passed by Pennsylvania on the way to MidPoint. We want to play a show in Pittsburgh and get to.
Thanks, ladies. Let me know when you decide to tour, we will hook something up here.