“Radio Moscow came about a few years back in a Story City, Iowa basement. The First version of Radio Moscow began as a solo project by Parker called Garbage Composal. At this time the sound was very raunchy mid-sixties-ish garage rock heavily influenced by the hidden gems and bands on the nuggets comps, yet still sounding very much its own. Parker recorded one albums worth of the Garbage Composal Demos under the new name Radio Moscow.”
The band hits Pittsburgh next Tuesday at the Pub sharing the bill with Memphis’ Dirty Streets. My thanks to frontman Parker Griggs for participating in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Silverchair’s “Frogstomp” when I was around 10 probably. I was really into the blossoming grunge/alternative scene as a young kid.
- Your last album bought?
- I just bought a ton of rad LP’s at an antique store in Fargo, ND. I got Dust, “Hard Attack”, The Scorpions, “Lonesome Crow, Poe, “Up Through The Spiral”, Indian Summer, “Indian Summer”, Muddy Waters, “Electric Mud, The Third World, “The American Dream”, Shadows of Knight, ”Back Door Men” and “Shadows of Knight” from 1969, Fat, “Fat”, The Uniques, “Playtime”, Freedom,”Through The Years”, Giant Crab, “Cool It….Helios”, Eden’s Children, “Sure Looks Real”….and a bunch more. I found a goldmine.
- Favorite album of all time?
- That’s a tough question.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Hmmmm…I was a really big fan of The Seeds and then was very disappointed by their “A Spoonful of Seedy Blues” album. Also Blue Cheers’ 3rd album was quite disappointing after “Outside Inside”.
- First concert attended?
- First show was Jefferson Starship with my dad. Second show was The Smashing Pumpkins.
- Last concert?
- I went and saw Sleepy Sun in Chicago before we left for tour.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Hmmmmmm…I really enjoyed playing and being at the Roadburn Fest in Holland. Touring with Graveyard was also awesome.
- Least favorite concert?
- I don’t know…if I’m not liking it I usually leave.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- This is our first time in Pittsburgh! I’m looking forward to seeing what it’s all about.
Thanks, Parker. If there ever was a perfect combination of venue and music, it’s yours and the Pub!