Jann Klose/Rebecca Loebe Club Cafe
Tuesday, February26, 2013 Southside
“Jann Klose is currently completing work on the follow up to his critically acclaimed album REVERIE with producers David Bendeth (Paramore, Bruce Hornsby, Elvis Presley) and James Frazee (Esperanza Spalding, Blondie, My Morning Jacket). He’s also co-writing songs and performing with Gary Lucas (Captain Beefheart, Jeff Buckley).”
“Rebecca Loebe is a laid-back award-winning indie-folk singer from Atlanta, GA. Since quitting her job as a full-time recording studio engineer in 2006, she has performed 100+ shows per year at colleges, coffeehouses and theaters in over 30 states of the US and in Europe. In the spring of 2011, her performance on the US premiere of “The Voice”impressed celebrity coaches Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine, prompting them both to ask her to work with them.”
You can check out Jann at his official Website, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Rebecca can be found at her official Website, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter and YouTube. The singer-songwriters are co-headlining on a brief tour that stop in Pittsburgh tonight at Club Cafe with support from Austen Leathers. My thanks to them for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Jann Klose: Electric Light Orchestra.
- Rebecca Loeb: Salt -n- Pepa, “Very Necessary”.
- Your last album bought?
- Jann: The Shins.
- Rebecca: Allen Stone, “Allen Stone”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Jann: There’s more than one but I do love Joni Mitchell’s “Court and Spark”.
- Rebecca: Carole King, “Tapestry”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Jann: So bad I forgot…
- Rebecca: Soundtrack to ‘Wayne’s World 2’.
- First concert attended?
- Jann: Prince.
- Rebecca: Kids concert: Barry Louis Polisar (who is actually kind of famous now, since one of his songs was used for the opening credits of “Juno”). I saw him at a Montessori school that had a petting zoo when I was 5. It was awesome.
- Adult concert: My parents took me to see The Everly Brothers when I was 7 or 8. Then in 6th grade, I got to start choosing concerts, and I remember going to see Sheryl Crow and R.E.M.
- Last concert?
- Jann: Olivia Newton-John MS fundraiser w/ John Travolta.
- Rebecca: It’s been awhile since I’ve gone to a concert that I wasn’t playing at, but I did get to see Robby Hecht in Austin recently and it was wonderful.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Jann: Roger Waters’ “The Wall”.
- Rebecca: Sigur Ros at the Madison Square Garden Theater.
- Least favorite concert?
- Jann: Hmmm…don’t really have one. I think I walked out of an Allman Brothers show once but only because the sound was kind of a mess. Another time I saw them it was perfect. You take the good with the bad.
- Rebecca: Gwar. I saw them out of the corner of my eye during SXSW, as I was headed to see the delightful Cory Brannan. Can’t say it was for me.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Jann: Love the “old town” vibe of the South Side neighborhood! Always a great and receptive crowd.
- Rebecca: I’m really looking forward to coming back to Pittsburgh! Of all the cities I’ve been to, it’s one of my very favorite towns to drive into, especially from the west. The view when you pop out of that mountain tunnel is breathtaking.
Thanks to both of you. Should be a great night tonight.