There is a lot going on this Friday but I am definitely going to make it a point to cap off the night at the T’Bird where three very cool bands are going to rock Pittsburgh hard. Being a fan of these bands, I just hope I make it early enough to catch them all. My thanks to Roger Bryan for taking a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Metallica’s “Black Album” when I was 11.
- Your last album bought?
- The last new record was M. Ward, “Highway Companion” along with the Uncle Tupelo “Still Feel Gone” vinyl reissue. Wait, I picked up a used REM “Document” at a record show after that.
- Favorite album of all time?
- It might be “Highway 61 Revisited”.
- First concert attended?
- The Rolling Stones “Voodoo Lounge” tour in Toronto when I was 14.
- Last concert?
- The Lemonheads earlier this year.
- Favorite concert ever?
- There are a few favorites but Mudhoney at Mohawk Place was special. I used bug my friend Donny about bringing them and it was never gonna happen. But about 4 years years later he brought them. Amazing show. Up close for the whole thing. Never thought I’d get to see them. Got to meet them and get a bunch of records signed. Good guys.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- We’ve always met nice people and had good shows there. I think it’s a gorgeous place.
Thanks Roger. Can’t wait to finally see you guys play!