Yesterday I had a blast being on the WDVE Morning Show talking local music and pimping HughShows Live @ Eide’s. Much thanks to Randy Baumann for having me on and all that he does for local musicians. If you missed it, my man at LiveBurghMusic was kind enough to record it which you can listen to here. Today I welcome one of the stalwarts of the station, DJ Sean McDowell and thank him for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- “Meet The Beatles”. My parents paid, I was 8 years old and unemployed at the time.
- Your last album bought?
- Just came in the mail, the Zeppelin reissues “II” and “III”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Back and forth, “Pet Sounds” or “Sgt. Pepper’s…”
- First concert attended?
- The Doors, Philadelphia, 1969. I was 13.
- Last concert?
- The Blues Festival, Hartwood Acres last weekend.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Pink Floyd, Civic Arena, DSOTM tour, 1973. They opened the roof.
- Least favorite concert?
- I’ve seen a lot of those…
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Civic Arena and Three Rivers Stadium concerts in the 1970’s were insane! What you could get away with then, compared to now….
Thanks, Sean. DSOTM tour? Damn! Now that’s a favorite concert.