I recently featured The High Llamas as my pick for April Artist of the Month a few weeks back. The band’s music was new to my ears but digging a little deeper, I discovered that founding member Sean O’Hagan has been involved with several bands such as Microdisney, Super Furry Animals, and Stereolab in some way or another. He also has the dubious distinction of being the 99th!! musician that was so cool enough to participate in this awesomely obscure edition of First/Last Friday.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Horslips-The Tain.
- Your last album bought?
- Peggy Lee-The Very Best of Peggy Lee.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Never stays the same. Right now, Carla Bley-Escalator Over the Hill.
- Least favorite album?
- So many. Disappointment does not come into it, as you need expectation first.
- First concert attended?
- Steeleye Span…somewhere in Aylesbury…in the UK.
- Last concert?
- Mulatu Astatke at Barbican, London.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Jorge Benn at Somerset House, London, 2004.
- Least favorite concert?
- High Llamas, ICA, 2004. I would have hated to be in the audience, we sounded terrible that night.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Not yet made it to Pittsburgh. You are just going to have to organize a ‘Welcome High Llamas’ show and we would have to make it.
Thank you Sean. I would love a Pittsburgh visit. I also have to say how wonderful the new music is.