“Sun Club serve as a brilliant amalgamation of various styles that swirl together into one cohesive and incredibly satisfying result. They carry a certain spontaneity that makes their music inherently enjoyable, you’re never too sure of when they’re going to stick to a catchy rhythm or break into a primal flash of shouts and percussive breakdowns. Combining Afropop rhythms with contemporary pop melodies, Sun Club has crafted an original sound that careens through various soundscapes, creating an eccentric and enjoyable listening experience.” – Grant Golden PASTE
Check out the band on Facebook, Twitter and BandCamp. The indie-pop band are featured on the Paste 50 States Project representing Maryland and their latest release is the “Beauty Meat/Language Juice” 7″. I want to thank Shane Justice McCord (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- “Good Charlotte”, dude. Good Charlotte.
- Your last album bought?
- The Beach Boys “Pet Sounds” or Mac Demarco “2”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Probably The Beach Boys “Pet Sounds”, ha-ha. Jjust took way too long to get.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- The new Born Ruffians album. It could have gone either way… and it went South. But I love that band and they’re great live, i just don’t dig the new stuff.
- First concert attended?
- Bob Dylan was one of them, the next was Green Day.
- Last concert?
- Ours… just kidding, ha-ha. Uhhhh, last real concert? hmm… Heyrocco.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Ah, this is too hard. Local Natives have been crazy great. But I think Morning Teleportation takes the cake.
- Least favorite concert?
- Cold War Kids… sorry…
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Not yet! Haven’t been ever, but would love to come through! I think we’re going to in February after we release our EP in January!
Thanks, Shane. As I am expressing to many of the young out of town bands possibly swinging through Pittsburgh, drop a line. Maybe we can work out a gig?