The Black Six is a Pittsburgh based rock band (originally called Of an Empire) who are set to release their debut full length entitled Dirt & Bones in July which coincides with a two month long tour on and off the road including a spot at this year’s Deutschtown Music Festival. I am thrilled to debut the rollicking lead off the single from the album called “God Save the Queen“. I want to thank Clark Johnson (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Led Zeppelin 4. I found a vinyl bootleg of it while digging through my father’s record collection and couldn’t get enough. I ran out and bought the CD the same week.
- Your last album bought?
- American X: Baby 81 Sessions [LP] by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. It’s a collection of unreleased tracks from the Baby 81 sessions. It’s uncharacteristically dark and reminiscent of the bands earlier records.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Highly Evolved by The Vines. More than a decade later, I still listen to that record cover to cover on a regular basis.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Sonic Highways by Foo Fighters. Not sure if it was due to the televisions series it was paired with, but it felt flimsy and over worked. Loved the interviews and history behind the scenes, but the record fell short compared to its predecessors.
- First concert attended?
- Brothers Keeper.
- Last concert?
- The Struts. Luke Spiller reminds me a little of Freddy Mercury. He’s got a ton of talent and the voice to go with it.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Damien Rice. I waited a long time to finally see him in concert, and it was worth the wait. Everything about the concert felt personal and his dynamics never let a low point hit long enough to lose interest.
- Least favorite concert?
- The 1975.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- It’s become a real destination for culture in the past 5 years. The food, the music, the experiences, all of it has created a more youthful and diverse city that I’m really excited to be living in. I really look forward to what is coming next for the steel city.
Thanks, Clark. This single is great, man! Really looking forward to the album and catching you at the fest!