“Jim Andralis and Amy Bezunartea are The Foil Swans. Their sorrowful debut single, “Cover My Section” is a country-tinged lament about giving up and getting by. Andralis originally wrote the song for “Songwriter’s Night”, a monthly songwriting group which includes his partner Larry Krone and fellow songwriters Bezunartea, David Clement, Bridget Everett, and Jennifer O’Connor.”
I love receiving new music from fresh new bands. Their first ever single, ‘Cover My Section‘ is released today via KIAM Records and you can stream it at Soundcloud here. My thanks to Jim Andralis and Amy Bezunartea for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Jim Andralis: The Osmonds, “Around the World Live in Concert”.
- Amy Bezunartea: The Miami Sound Machine, “Eyes of Innocence”.
- Your last album bought?
- Jim: Taylor Swift, “Red”.
- Amy: Rihanna, “Unapologetic”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Jim: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, “You’re Gonna Get It”.
- Amy: Joni Mitchell, “MIles of Aisles”, Live double LP.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Jim: I have never been able to find my way into a Smiths album.
- Amy: Don’t really have one.
- First concert attended?
- Jim: Billy Squier and Nazareth at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA.
- Amy: Clint Black in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Last concert?
- Jim and Amy: Clint Michigan at Cameo Gallery in Brooklyn, NY.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Jim: Victoria Williams at St. Ann’s Church in Brooklyn, NY.
- Amy: Jay-Z at Hammerstein Ballroom.
- Least favorite concert?
- Jim: Anytime the artist gets snippy with the audience.
- Amy: Anything too hot and crowded.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Jim: I’ve never been there, but everyone I know who has says I would love it. Plus I really want to see the Warhol Museum.
- Amy: Yes! My mom was born there. The Irish half of my family all come from Pittsburgh/ Mount Washington. My Great Grandfather Maroney was the fire chief at some point. I love Pittsburgh! And Flashdance is one of my favorite movies!!!!
Thanks, guys. Always love discovering new music. Drop a line if you are ever playing in Pittsburgh.