So it’s Friday and well, this train cannot be stopped. Looks like these little Q&A’s are gonna continue on. The Miggs are rock band from Florida and are coming to town this weekend as support for Ed Kowalcyzk of Live fame. Courtesy of Rock Ridge Music, I have a pair of passes to give away to a lucky reader of this blog. To enter, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘The Miggs’. Please supply your name for the folks at will call that will be good for two passes to the show on Sunday. The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted by tomorrow. As always, good luck. As a preview of sorts, bandleader Don Miggs was kind enough to participate in this, the return of First/Last Friday!
- The first album you ever bought?
- Cheap Trick-Dream Police.
- Your last album bought?
- Big Boi-Sir Luscious Left Foot, Ed Kowalczyk-Alive, Mumford & Sons-Sigh No More, Brandon Flowers-Flamingo. I tend to buy in bulk! LOL
- Favorite album of all time?
- 1965 by the Afghan Whigs or U2’s Achtung Baby
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Hmm, I have to insult someone? I tried but just didn’t get the first TV On The Radio CD, even with all the hype.
- First concert attended?
- Night Ranger with 38 Special. Thanks Uncle John.
- Last concert?
- Maroon 5 with Miggs!
- Favorite concert ever?
- Tough one! Stadium- U2, Arena- Michael Jackson, Club- Twilight Singers, House- Gareth Asher.
- Least favorite concert?
- Mandy Moore. Like watching paint dry but less exciting.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- The people are like family. They will hug you as soon they hit you and are open to hearing good music. And the snow gets deep but that doesn’t stop the faithful from coming out.
Thanks Don. Better not run into Ryan Adams, dude! I also like your perceptions of Pittsburgh people. Maybe that’s one reason I never left?