“The SpacePimps are a product of the Drive-Thru Records era; a time when music and friendships went hand-in-hand, and when pop punk was revered. From the basements of the Steel City to venues across the world, The SpacePimps have been permeating their brand of pop punk to ears of listeners all over the globe. Their DIY mentality and blue collar work
ethic has allowed the band to achieve high levels of success for an independent band: countless US, Japan, and China tours, coveted spots on The Warped Tour, shows with New Found Glory, The Starting Line, The Used, and a devoted fan base that are closer to family than fans. The SpacePimps book, promote, sell, fund, and manage their own destiny, and take pride in that process.”
Check out the band at their official Website, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, YouTube and BandCamp. The band have just released their latest album, “Eternal Boy“, and will be celebrating tomorrow night at Altar Bar with support from Dash City Skyline, Mace Ballard, Red Hands and Patent Pending. I want to thank Rishi Bahl (Guitars/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- The first album I ever bought, I am embarrassed to say, was Prince “The Gold Experience.” I’m happy to say the Green Day “Dookie” was the second one. My taste got better with age.
- Your last album bought?
- Hmm, the last album I bought was the new Jimmy Eat World record. Great album.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Oh whoa, its’ like choosing a favorite child. If I have to pick, it would be Blink 182’s “Enema of the State”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I think that my expectations were SO high for the the follow up to “Say it Like You Mean It” by The Starting Line. When “Based on a True Story” came out, it was good, but just fell so far short in comparison. Had it come out on its own without “SILYMI”, it would be have been much more solid.
- First concert attended?
- The first show I even went to was Everclear, Spacehog, Tracy Bonham, and 7 Year Bitch. My second, was Primus and Blink 182.
- Last concert?
- I am going to the Jimmy Eat World show tonight!
- Favorite concert ever?
- Anti-Flag, Less Than Jake, New Found Glory, and the Teen Idols.
- Least favorite concert?
- Yanni. Haha.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Pittsburgh is the greatest city on Earth. End of Story.
Thanks, Rishi. Congrats on the buzz from the new album, man. Have fun tomorrow.