This morning my family and I headed downtown to accept a proclamation from Pittsburgh City Council declaring Friday, July 18, 2014, ten years to the day that I first ‘logged on’ as HughShows, ‘Hugh Twyman Day‘ in the City of Pittsburgh. The sponsor of the proclamation is my District 2 Councilwoman Theresa Kail-Smith, who represents me and my neighbors in the West End of the city. I want to thank Councilwoman Smith for this incredible honor and for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
Photo courtesy of Foo Conner
- The first album you ever bought?
- It was a 45, not an album, and they were giving it away at the National Record Mart in Oakland to introduce a new band, Fleetwood Mac… ‘Sentimental Lady’.
- Your last album bought?
- Whitney sometime in the late 80’s.
- Favorite album of all time?
- I have too many favorites.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Least favorite would be any song/album degrading people.
- First concert attended?
- Pittsburgh Symphony.
- Last concert?
- ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Least favorite concert?
- Cannot recall.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- A great place to live with many great entertainment options. I could go on and on….
Thank you so much, Councilwoman. I am extremely humbled and honored. This really means so much to me as a lifelong resident of Pittsburgh. I can’t think of no better way to celebrate Friday!