“Wicked Chief features a wide array of sounds and influences spanning across the music spectrum. No strangers to the Do It Yourself work-ethic and a “music first” mentality, the band plans to delve deep into touring and recording more extensively.”
Wicked Chief are an indie-rock band from Pittsburgh who’s excellent debut album “True Blue” was released last year. They are supporting friends of the blog Balloon Ride Fantasy tomorrow night (3/28) at the fantastic Pittsburgh Winery for their new album release. I want to thank Ben Armstrong (Bass/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- The first one I can remember buying would probably be “Dookie”.
- Your last album bought?
- Tame Impala “Innerspeaker”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- “Led Zeppelin”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Brand New “Daisy”. I am still trying to get to like it.
- First concert attended?
- Midtown and Armor for Sleep at Club Laga when I was 14.
- Last concert?
- George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Either My Morning Jacket or Bon Iver at Merriweather in Baltimore.
- Least favorite concert?
- Brand New, they’re one of my favorites and it was pretty bad.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Primanti Bros.Thanks, Ben. Ah, Club Laga. That place is so missed, at least to me.