“Somewhere between a lullaby and a dirge, Sontag Shogun takes their lullanoise and tries to find the strange, eery moments that exist within beauty.”
Check out the band at their official Website, Facebook, BandCamp and SoundCloud. The Brooklyn ‘ambient, electronic piano trio’s’ first full-length “tale” will be released May 6th and the band heads to Pittsburgh Thursday the 24th to preview the album at Modern Formations with support from Aaron Martin, Dream Weapon and Vox Robotica. I want to thank Jesse Perlstein (Laptop/Field Recordings/Korean Radio/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- I ever bought myself? Smashing Pumpkins “Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness”.
- Your last album bought?
- My friends’ new album “Rocks or Cakes” by Cloud Becomes Your Hand.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Tough call… maybe, Sigur Ros “( )”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- The new Pixies albums. All of them.
- First concert attended?
- Our Lady Peace at Irving Plaza in NYC.
- Last concert?
- Cloud Becomes Your Hand & Gorilla Toss at Roulette in Brooklyn.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Sigur Ros & The Album Leaf & Amiina at Radio City Music Hall.
- Least favorite concert?
- Neil Young & Crazy Horse at Barclays Center.
- Any thoughts,experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I’ve never been to Pittsburgh but we’re open to post-gig suggestions and a good greasy spoon to eat breakfast!
Thanks, Jesse. Can’t go wrong with Pamela’s to grease. Then again, you wanna scratch Ritter’s off your bucket list. You will thank me later.