Red Sammy are a band from Baltimore that describe their music as ‘Graveyard Country Rock‘. They are releasing a new album called “Cheaper Kind of Love Song” on June 12th. On the 8th they will be stopping in Pittsburgh to showcase the new songs. Adam Trice is the lead singer/songwriter in the band and he was nice enough to take some time to participate in this edition of First/Last Friday.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Draw the Line by Aerosmith (my brother and I were really big Aerosmith fans when we were younger).
- Your last album bought?
- Real Animal by Alejandro Escovedo.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Surfer Rosa by The Pixies.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Machina/The Machines of God by The Smashing Pumpkins.
- First concert attended?
- I think it was Jesus Christ Superstar, something my family made me go see.
- Last concert?
- Mike Watt and the Missingmen (we were the opening act).
- Favorite concert ever?
- Woodstock 1999 (when all the fires and riots broke loose).
- Least favorite concert?
- I appreciate something in every concert I see (from local bands to national acts).
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- I really like how folks put french fries on sandwiches.
Thanks Adam. I totally grew up with the ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ Broadway album and listen to it regularly to this day. Playing ‘Heaven On Their Minds’ on acoustic is kind of awesome. Have a blast at The Moose!