I have been ‘unofficially’ shooting shows for WYEP-FM for two years now and I am celebrating this week by bringing you a special series of First/Lasts with the station’s on-air personalities. We begin today with Cindy, a Boston native who hosts the Morning Mix on WYEP. My thanks to her for participating in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Alanis Morissette, “Jagged Little Pill”. I was 14 and soooo cool!
- Your last album bought?
- Beach House, “Bloom”. THIS BAND…OMG!
- Favorite album of all time?
- Paul Simon, “Paul Simon”. Yes! Let’s listen to it right now!!!
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- My brother’s favorite album for a while was Bob Dylan’s “Blood On The Tracks”, so I listened to it when I was about 17 and absolutely hated it. It’s one of my favorites now, but at first listen, I was like, “Yeah, no thanks, I’ll stick to The Cure.”
- First concert attended?
- Stone Temple Pilots 1996 at the Fleet Center in Boston. I went with my brother and cousins. We rode the T and got there too late to see the opener, Local H. I was not that sad about it.
- Last concert?
- The Color Fleet’s EP release at Club Cafe. It was a great show!
- Favorite concert ever?
- Toss up: Radiohead 1997 at Harbor Lights (in Boston) and Bon Iver at the Rex in 2009.
- Least favorite concert?
- I hated his set, but I love talking about the time I saw Lou Vega at Mixfest in 2000 (a Boston radio station’s summer festival). He played three songs and two of them were “Mambo No. 5”.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Seeing Hughshows at every concert I go to!
Thanks, Cindy. My favorite Pittsburgh thing just might be seeing you at every concert…well, your waving hands at least!