Jacob is a country/folk singer from Nashville who will be playing an in-store set at Decade boutique in the Southside. He was cool enough to participate in this latest edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- I would like to say something like “Born to Run:” or “Blonde on Blonde”, but in actuality it was MC Hammer “Hammer Don’t Hurt ’em”.
- Your last album bought?
- Merle Travis “In Boston 1959”.
- Favorite album of all time?
- As far as whole albums go, “Darkness On The Edge Of Town” Bruce Springsteen.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- All hip hop AFTER “The Chronic” came out. All pop country AFTER Garth Brooks came out.
- First concert attended?
- John Cougar Mellancamp, I was 8.
- Last concert?
- I caught some shows at SXSW, mainly Joe Pug. The last “real” concert I saw that I wasn’t a part of was Justin Townes Earle in Nashville.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Bruce Springsteen live in Atlanta, 2003.
- Least favorite concert?
- Any festivals like Bonnaroo and Coachella are usually terrible experiences.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Yes, I really like East Carson street. My friend Steve Ford owns a clothing store there called Decade. Also, Permanti Brothers might have the best drunk sandwich of all time.
Thanks Jacob. And do me a favor, please hammer, don’t hurt them! Nice!