Image courtesy ReverbNation
Hailing from West Chester, PA I Am ❤ is a band that celebrates life with a ‘carnivalesque-folk’ vibe. They will be bringing their party to Pittsburgh tomorrow and the show is a benefit for bandleader Joshua Christopher’s non-profit FEDAP charity, which aims to raise the quality of life in Haiti. Joshua was nice enough to take some time to participate in this edition of First/Last Friday.
- The first album you ever bought?
- “Head on the Door” by The Cure.
- Your last album bought?
- The latest from The Builders and the Butchers.
- Favorite album of all time?
- It tends to vary. Honestly, that could change at any given moment. Probably “Velvet Underground and Nico”.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- “Interpol” by Interpol. Never lived up to “Turn on Your Bright Lights”.
- First concert attended?
- A Tribe Called Quest in 1992.
- Last concert?
- M. Ward.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Devotchka this year.
- Least favorite concert?
- From Kaitlyn Burhman-John Mayer
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- All I know about Pittsburgh is that it’s got a bit of film scene on the rise. I had a friend spend 6 months there making a film that the executive producer went and spent all the money up on cocaine and hookers. Film never got made obviously, it was called Big Highway.
Thanks so much Joshua. I really admire your efforts. Have a good show but beware there might be traffic detours on the way to the gig due to the filming of Batman. I am sure Christopher Nolan won’t be spending too much money on hookers and blow!