Ag Ag Lady is local DIY musician Jules Levine. The self described “performance artist designed to showcase experimental electronic dance rock pop dub chiptune autotune bright noize too many toys” has just released his third album this month under the awesome moniker. Buy it here. Help fund the project to get a vinyl release here. Jules was cool enough to participate in this “Record Store Day’ edition of First/Last Friday.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Weird Al – Bad Hair Day, on cassette. Saved up my allowance and walked over to the NRM on Walnut Street. First CD was No Doubt – Tragic Kingdom.
- Your last album bought?
- of Montreal – False Priest.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Sigur Ros – ().
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I downloaded a leak of a rough mix of Ke$ha’s next album… Glad my name isn’t on it. Hope she pulls through – or gives me a call!
- First concert attended?
- Raffi, but my mom bought the tickets. First I paid for was the Family Values 2 tour…
- Last concert?
- Music Kombat, as a performer.
- Favorite concert ever?
- ADD Fest!
- Least favorite concert?
- There was that one time I had a “bad substance interaction” during a Pink Floyd tribute set with full laser show at some hippy festival, but I survived and ended up having an awesome time! No such thing as a “bad concert” IMHO.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- The vibrant music scene that only exists if you care to look for it ?
Thanks dude. If there is one aspect of music I can really appreciate and respect are the artists who, for better or worse, do their thing the way they want to by their own rules. If I can use this blog in any way to expose that element to others, I am one happy man. In other words, you rock brother!