Photo courtesy MySpace
The Committee For Getting Attention deserves some notice. She has no shows lined up. She has no record deal. This very morning she offered up her demos for anyone to hear. They are raw. They are honest. I dig them. She is recording for realz this fall. She was awesome enough to continue this, what I like to call First/Last Fridays.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Fastball. All the Pain Money Can Buy. Actually my mom or dad bought it for me because I was in 4th grade.
- Your last album bought?
- Bought or downloaded? Last album I bought was Power Move by The Screaming Females on vinyl. It’s perfect!
- Favorite album of all time?
- It’s impossible to pinpoint just one but the first that come to mind…either Out Come the Wolves by Rancid or Red Eyed Soul by World/Inferno Friendship Society. Probably the former just because it’s super nostalgic.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- I was way disappointed with Rancid’s Let the Dominos Fall or whatever it was called. Tim’s burnt out, I think.
- First concert attended?
- Suckerpunch Thompsons and the River City Rebels at American Music Cafe in Murrysville. I still have the flyer, which I somehow acquired years later, somewhere. Bopper was the lead singer of the Rebels. He was this sweaty, shirtless, dude with a big ‘ol gut who somehow managed to be very glam-rock in the way he carried himself. It was a great first-show experience.
- Last concert?
- Zombie Dogs at The Marvelous! in West Philly. Last PGH concert was Screaming Females at Helter Shelter!
- Favorite concert ever?
- World/Inferno Hallowmas 2008. Snuck in through the back entrance of the Brooklyn Masonic Temple and wound up on stage behind the curtains. I believe it had been sold out so we definitely got lucky there. Music For Everyone Fest at Helter Shelter this year is up there too!
- Least favorite concert?
- Probably something that I played with The Hormones. We always were put on shitty shows.
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Pittsburgh has been my stomping grounds for a good 6 or so years now. Manny was the first person to book The Hormones, which was my first band. He’s booked the CFGA many a time now too. I’m in Philadelphia currently and I can tell you that they don’t have a Manny, or a Howler’s or a Belvedere’s. Not so far anyway. Nothing even comes close out here. Oh and the Flyers suck.
Thanks so much Kayla. Nothing wrong with Fastball. ‘The Way’ is my seventh favorite song to play on guitar. Right before #8-Air Supply’s ‘Lost In Love’. I can definitely reiterate that wherever anyone is, they don’t have a Manny. Oh yeah, and the Flyers do suck.