Boris Paillard goes by the moniker The Keys. He is a Montreal-based ‘folk-n-roll/edgy pop singer-songwriter’ that is touring the U.S. in support of his recently released 7th LP ‘Long Time No Sea’. Joining him in Pittsburgh will be locals Broken Fences and Jenny Morgan. He is also being followed by filmmaker Mickael Artaut, who is documenting the tour for an upcoming video. He was cool enough to take a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Ted Nugent – Scream Dream (on K7 tape!).
- Your last album bought?
- Bill Callahan – Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle.
- Favorite album of all time?
- Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Greendale.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Neil Young – Le Noise.
- First concert attended?
- Zachary Richard.
- Last concert?
- Vincent Segal & Ballake Sissoko.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Oumou Sangare.
- Least favorite concert?
- Marilyn Manson.
- Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Spent about 4 hours there two years ago! Arriving at 9pm at the deserted Greyhound Station on a weekday in the thick of winter. Rushed and took two wrongs buses to get to the 8 pm concert in some coffeehouse in some distant neighborhood whose motto said on a board “Work, Shop, Worship”. Had a great time eventually! Never got to sleep there though as I had to take a bus to Chicago the next day.
Thanks Boris. Hope you have more time to spend in Pittsburgh this trip. I really dig your DIY ethic and look forward to the tourfilm!