This Saturday, musician Mark A D Williams will be performing a Haitian Humanitarian benefit show in Wexford.
Check out the details courtesy of the Facebook Event Page: The Oven Pizza Co is partnering the Pittsburgh Kids Foundation and The Espwa Foundation to support their work in Haiti, now through April. This is the second live music night in a series of 4 evenings, all benefiting their work in Haiti.
You can support these causes by just showing up and enjoying the food. A portion of sales from this night will benefit both initiatives in Haiti, helping those in need through multiple projects and mission trips.
Also, try the new Haitian inspired, Chicken Creole Pizza. $5 of every sale of Chicken Creole Pizza directly goes to the Espwa Foundation. Mark your calenders for the other two upcoming Live Music Nights: Saturday, March 22 and Saturday April 26.
I want to thank Mark for taking some time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- Michael Jackson, “Bad.”
- Your last album bought?
- Digital: All Sons and Daughters, “The Longing EP.” CD: Andru Bemis, “Say Yes To Yourself.”
- Favorite album of all time?
- “Pink Moon,” “Rhythm of The Saints,” “Midnight Marauders,” (there is no way to pick one, but I narrowed it down to 3).
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- Kamaal “The Abstract.”
- First concert attended?
- Does my Grandma signing in the Opera count? If so, then that’s it. Otherwise, it was DC Talk in middle school.
- Last concert?
- Hoots and Hellmouth.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Andru Bemis (every time, anytime, any venue, especially the house concerts).
- Least favorite concert?
- Hasn’t happened yet, but I’ll know it when it does, at which point I’ll let you know!
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- The people! It’s like a huge small town. It has everything the big cities have but not as many of them. Every scene feels like a close knit community.
- Thanks, Mark. Always excited to help someone promote a good cause.