Scott is the male half of the husband and wife duo known as The Wreckids. Along with Sarah (6-18 in da house!) they released a fantastic EP several months ago and if I am not mistaken, have plans for yet another release soon! They are playing the Thunderbird tonight along with Nik Westman & The Central Plains and Boom Chick, which is a sort of de facto sending off party for Bear Cub, who are relocating to Nashville. Scott was cool enough to participate in this week’s edition of First/Last Friday.
- The first album you ever bought?
- The La’s -Because of the song “There She Goes” but I still love the whole album. Most people think that song is by Sixpence None the Richer!
- Your last album bought?
- Midlake -“The Courage of Others”
- Favorite album of all time?
- “Boston” by Boston
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- “Yael Naim” by Yael Naim although ‘New Soul’ is great, rest of record is horrible.
- First concert attended?
- Eddie Money
- Last concert?
- Meeting of Important People @ Brillo
- Favorite concert ever?
- Soundtrack of Our Lives @ Irving Plaza NYC 2004
- Least favorite concert?
- Pete Yorn @Irving Plaza NYC 2004
- Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
- Most of my favorite bands are local or touring artists that I’ve heard for the first time at Brillobox or Thunderbird. Pittsburgh has a wonderful music scene!
Thanks, Scott. Nice call on the Boston record. I can remember being ten years old and listening to that album over and over when it first came out. Hopefully I’ll see you tonight, buddy.