“With a love of rock and roll and a pure desire to move people with music, The Velcro Shoes are infectious, pounding and unabashed, the band you remember wanting to see. Emerging out of a cold, dull Pittsburgh winter, The Velcro Shoes in short order delivered a bevy of original music that promises to delight music lovers for the foreseeable future.”
The band plays Howler’s tomorrow night on a bill with I Was Totally Destroying It and Gary Band & The Notions. My thanks to Vocalist/Bassist Eric Emerson for participating in this edition of First/Last.
- The first album you ever bought?
- RunDMC followed by Motley Crue.
- Your last album bought?
- That would have to be The Horrors.
- Favorite album of all time?
- That’s a hard one for they all have a place and time… but undoubtedly and sometimes shyly “Nevermind”. I have to say that it’s the album that catapulted myself into music.
- Least favorite/most disappointing album?
- William Hung. LOL. Hard to say. Sometimes an album can disappoint me one week then the next, I get it.
- First concert attended?
- Foo Fighters.
- Last concert?
- Pissed Jeans.
- Favorite concert ever?
- Unfortunately, it’s hard to remember much about the concerts I witnessed. Interpol, or maybe the opening two songs of The Killers/Wolfmother, LOL. I don’t remember much after song three.
- Least favorite concert?
- Staind. Yeah, somehow I had to sit through a set of theirs to see STP at Rolling Rock.
- Any thoughts,experiences about Pittsburgh?
- It’s tough as a local musician in Pittsburgh. All the booking agents are all about selling a bunch of tickets to your friends at a high dollar amount in a town that cares more about sports and KISS-FM than original music.
Thanks, Eric. I appreciate your honesty about the local music scene. As an independent artist myself, I can definitely relate.